JesseKarenNevinFamily

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Longest Christmas Break Ever

The kids were supposed to go back to school on Monday but...snow day... Then they went back to school yesterday but this morning woke to another snow day.  Amazing how early the kids will get up when they know it's a snow day.  Porter and Shadrach were out with me plowing snow at 5:30 this morning because they knew they didn't have to go to school.  These are a few pictures from the kids day.  It's now just after 9pm and we're under a heavy snow warning until tomorrow morning expecting another 8 inches and the kids are praying for another day while Connie is praying for not another snow day.  Either way it's been a lot of fun.

6 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

That looks like soooo much fun!

9:37 AM  
Blogger NSNEVIN FAM. said...

Okay, we get it, Colorado gets snow. Quit rubbin' it in.

6:43 PM  
Blogger NSNEVIN FAM. said...

On a serious note, what about Daniel. Do you get a snow day?

6:49 PM  
Blogger Jesse & Karen Nevin said...

It does look like fun from a kids point of view-well and I guess also from an adult-who-doesn't-have-to-drive-in-it's point of view. For me it looks like a lot of Kodak moments missed. I'm feeling like a hot chocolate about now.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

gooWe have been getting tons of snow, more than we have gotten since we've been here. It is very beautiful and the bundling up process is not as bad as I thought it would be. Daniel is having a blast. The other day I think he plowed three times in that one day. Daniel doesn't get a snow day, but sometimes he takes a snow day. (he has to plow) The driving in it is a little scary. I slipped a few times on Wednesday, but I usually stay in control because we have 4-wheel drive. The real scary part is watching out for the little 2-wheel drive cars. Some of these people in these little cars act as though they are driving on dry roads when they're not. We almost witnessed an accident because of this very thing. Luckily the car about to get hit was able to get in the next lane. The little race car swerved a bunch and then ran off the road and got stuck.( serves him right ) Anyway, we are enjoying the weather and just wanted to share. (We are not trying to rub it in Nick.) One last thing, we drink a lot of hot chocolate, but we also have snow cones out of the new snow. Maybe we'll have some snow next Christmas and you all can join us. You are always welcome.

We love you all, Connie

1:23 PM  
Blogger NSNEVIN FAM. said...

I'm always, teasing not serious. (except for being a little envious of the weather.) I just hope you keep posting us on the fun and your not aloud to move any where until after we can make a winter trip to play in the snow... I mean to see you guys.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home