I don't do well with questions of best of anything because it takes old people longer to figure out which one is best, so I am going with the first one that comes to mind. Receiving a contract in the mail to teach in Mesa. The reason it was such a surprise is when I interviewed with Mesa they said that they had had over 200 applicants for the job. The only job opening was for an Earth Science teaching position, and I had only had one geology class. To top it off I had a drop-in off the street kind of interview with the principle and both vice principals. They interviewed me as they were in the middle of discussing what office furniture they wanted in their new office. Not one of them even knew what book they were using in the course much less what the teaching philosophy was for the science department. I went home with a "we will keep you in mind for the future" kind of send off. With no other communication of any kind they just sent a contract in the mail just two months before I was to start. We were living in Provo Utah.
I am starting to struggle with my memory...I don't think I have had very many surprises (with the exception of all 4 of my pregnancies - and all were and still are a blessing) The one non-baby surprise that came to mind imediately was when we all climbed in the suburban to go on vacation and not until then did we find out that we were on our way to Disneyland! That was awesome!
My surprise I hope will be one of my best, I just got called to be the gospel doctrine teacher. I have to say I never expected this calling ever. This Sunday is my first lesson. We'll see how it goes. As for any other surprises I was having a hard time remembering. If I think of another one that no one else thought of I'll let you know.
4 Comments:
Well...Jesse being a boy was one. Todd and I both felt like a girl was coming to our family. We were in shock for quite awhile!
I know there are more, I will add them later.
I don't do well with questions of best of anything because it takes old people longer to figure out which one is best, so I am going with the first one that comes to mind. Receiving a contract in the mail to teach in Mesa. The reason it was such a surprise is when I interviewed with Mesa they said that they had had over 200 applicants for the job. The only job opening was for an Earth Science teaching position, and I had only had one geology class. To top it off I had a drop-in off the street kind of interview with the principle and both vice principals. They interviewed me as they were in the middle of discussing what office furniture they wanted in their new office. Not one of them even knew what book they were using in the course much less what the teaching philosophy was for the science department. I went home with a "we will keep you in mind for the future" kind of send off. With no other communication of any kind they just sent a contract in the mail just two months before I was to start. We were living in Provo Utah.
I am starting to struggle with my memory...I don't think I have had very many surprises (with the exception of all 4 of my pregnancies - and all were and still are a blessing)
The one non-baby surprise that came to mind imediately was when we all climbed in the suburban to go on vacation and not until then did we find out that we were on our way to Disneyland! That was awesome!
My surprise I hope will be one of my best, I just got called to be the gospel doctrine teacher. I have to say I never expected this calling ever. This Sunday is my first lesson. We'll see how it goes. As for any other surprises I was having a hard time remembering. If I think of another one that no one else thought of I'll let you know.
Post a Comment
<< Home