JesseKarenNevinFamily

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Our trip to Washington by way of Utah was remenicent of vacations from the past-because we had car trouble 3 times, two tires blew out and so did the head gasket. After several broken committments from the mechanic we left it in Cedar City UT for the owners to come pick up. The only good part was that we did not have to pay the repair bill. We did get to spend a day with Bob in St. George, then to Pat & Dean's 50th wedding anniversary where we visited with all of Karen's siblings as well as Lisa & Ashlee. Next we visited Sue & Earl at their home in Pingree, ID; on to our friends home in Kennewich, WA. We finally arrived at Tacy's house on the 6th. Saturday the 7th almost all of the Nevin clan met at a beautiful park on Lake Washington-Leonar & Laura's family were not able to be there. Sunday we went to church with Tacy and then went to Jim & Carol's for a barbeque for the siblings & Dorothy(old folks). We arrived back in AZ on the 11th. P.S. the picture with the back hoe is all that remains of my choldhood home in Renton.

7 Comments:

Blogger NSNEVIN FAM. said...

Looks like good turn outs at both gatherings. That must have been nice catching up with your sib.'s. I haven't seen Uncle Jim in a long time. Last time I saw him he still the Bob Ross look goin' on, now he's got a Jerry Garcia/ Santa Claus thing happening, either way he still looks like Uncle Jim.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Sounds like the good ole times...stopping in Utah before heading to Washington. It is good to see pictures of everyone.
The house you are referring to is not the Farm House is it?

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was nice seeing pictures of all the Aunts and Uncles. Hey Nick is Bob Ross the painter guy from channel 8?

9:54 PM  
Blogger Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

We are sad that grandma and granddad's house is gone. We truely were wanting to take Albert there one day to pose for a picture. I guess I'll just have to write down anything I can remember so as to share the memory. Hey Nick we thought as you, Uncle Jim resembles the big man himself, Santa Claus. I think his personality resembles him also. Dad said no. Jim doesn't want the part. Oh well, my little girls think granddad is standing next to the real Santa, we'll let them believe. It was good to see the others, but I did miss seeing Uncle Leonard.

9:17 PM  
Blogger The Squirts said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:53 AM  
Blogger The Squirts said...

Ouch. That crane picture hurts. I still think of that house from time to time and remember our summers there. I remember learning to dribble a basketball in the dirt on that "court" that bordered the pasture; remember landing a few balls in the trough, some of them on accident :) And I remember sleeping in that big bed in basement next uncle Leonard’s old drum set, and creeping up (or creaking up) the stairs to eavesdrop on the aunts and uncles playing card games in the front room, listening to them laughing, listening to the sound of peanut m&ms in a big bowl, hmmm. And I remember catching snakes in the garden and setting rabbit traps under the apple trees, and feeding rotten apples to the neighbors' (Aunt Rene’s family) horses. And I remember this one time--though I'm not sure if this really happened or if I just like to remember that it did--the time Grandma Maxi performed her magic disappearing tooth trick for us (the grandkids) on the back porch. The way I remember it, I was helping dad repair the family Volkswagen in the driveway. Dad was lying on his back under the van. I was standing next the toolbox, waiting for him to ask for tool I would recognize and watching grandma Maxi on the back porch opening and closing her mouth, making one of her front teeth disappear and reappear to the cheers of the other grandchildren who were giggling at her feet, crying "Again! Again!"

7:58 AM  
Blogger Jesse & Karen Nevin said...

They say you can never go home. I guess that is becoming more literal everytime I do go home. So far my home, both of my elementary schools and my junior high school have been demolished. 3 years ago when we visited the home place I thought I would take pictures of the woods that I used to walk through every morning to deliver the newspaper (because my kids gave me the impression that they never believed that story). The entire woods have been filled in with more homes. So now you will have to rely on some future attempt to paint a verbal picture for you. Mapquest has a satelite image of the neighborhood that I hope help me recreat the scene-but you probably still won't believe me!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home