JesseKarenNevinFamily

Monday, August 23, 2010

Memory Monday

This week let's think about memories of getting ready for or starting new school years...clothes, teacher memories, nerves, etc.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

from todd...

i will never forget the trip to sears at fiesta mall... "pick whatever three pair of pants you want".... i don't have time to write more now... this is called a tease entry...

9:16 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I too am short on time(energy) and I really dont remember first days per say...but I do remember wanting to ride the bus to elementary and being heart broken that I had to walk 2 blocks to get there.
I remember taking my kids to school on their first day of kindergarten. Kameron let me take her but did not want to be the first in line. Kelsie I pretty much had to beg her to let me walk her to class "I can walk by myself - I know where it is", and Jed did not ever want me to leave. Finally the teacher said - just drop him at the door, he will cry but it is mostly for you, he stops soon after you leave. :)
I will try to think more on this subject. I have lots of memories of school itself but first days I guess where no biggie for me or I have completely blocked them out.
Robyn

1:13 AM  
Blogger Meg & Jeff said...

I remember my mom finding a house when we moved to Salt Lake, UT that we had to walk to school. and of course she wanted to be able to tell Granddad that we had to walk up hill both ways.. I cant remember the whole story of why that was but it was actually pretty fun!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

,I don't remember the actual day, but I do remember the shopping trips for school clothes. I remember it taking a lot longer for the boys than the girls.
I remember my kids first days better. Even though my kids all get a little nervous to begin each year the morning of seems to be ok going. I'm pretty sure most of my kids were fine starting kindergarten, but all, except for Parker, were done after a week or two and then they said they didn't want to go back. I think I have a harder time now then they do.
Connie

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home