I remember them all. I especially enjoyed the ones where both Grandpa and Grandma were able to attend. The one that stands out most was the one we hosted in the cabin in Pinedale, because it allowed us to interact more intimately with each other. Elwood's horseback rides were also very popular. It always made me feel good to see all of the cousins having fun together. Some of the early reunions, when there were more young grandkids, the games were geared more for them which was fun to watch too. The later ones it was equally as rewarding watching the older grandkids entertain the younger ones.
I remember the first I ever went to was after Tim and I had divorced. I think Ashlee was 4. That year was when we rented vehicles to drive up to Crystal Hot Springs.
But my favorite was the one in Pinedale. I think it was because mom involved all of us in the preparations and like dad said we were able to really interact with everyone.
The auctions and reconnecting with cousins were some of the highlights.
Mine was Pinedale...even though we didn't win anything. :) I have a picture of Sadey, on of three little babies there, with Grandpa Walker. It is something we cherish. I also remember working in the kitchen with a mix of people. That was fun to mix us all up with duties. I know the kids remember rolling ice cream. Jesse actually rode on the horse that year, surprised us because he was hesitant to do most "scary" things. The raffle is a fun and emotional memory.
Todd and I got a ticket on the way there or home, I don't remember. I do remember that the cop wouldn't let me get out of the car to get my screaming Sadey the entire time. Mama Bear in me still hates that guy!! It's a good thing the reunion was so fun!
I also think that the Pindale one was fun... but I will have to say my favorite one was going to Crystal Hot Springs. I'm not sure if we've been there more then once... but I do remember the home made water slide made out of a huge tarp and someone spraying water each time someone would go down. and if I remember correctly the adults had some fun with that one too!
The pinedale was by far my favorite as well, just felt closer as a family. It was fun to get to know people a bit better. I enjoyed the ice cream rolling (my kids were among the young ones so I definately participated in that one) I remember Jed following the big boys around wanting to do whatever they did - pool was the game he really wanted to participate in. I enjoyed Crystal Hot Springs too - the kids loved the water park & I really liked it when we had that big field to play water kickball? I liked the Nephi Canyon one as well - it was a beautiful place and again I think we camped in a circle instead of a line so we were more invloved in each others camps - I think having the only picnic tables all together helped too. (sometimes memory changes the reality though ;)) The raffles and auctions were fun (I preferred the raffles) I also remember that we did a talent show - Jed played his harmonica :)) Good stuff - it seems so long ago but when we do these Memory Mondays it takes me right back as if it was yesterday.
5 Comments:
I remember them all. I especially enjoyed the ones where both Grandpa and Grandma were able to attend. The one that stands out most was the one we hosted in the cabin in Pinedale, because it allowed us to interact more intimately with each other. Elwood's horseback rides were also very popular. It always made me feel good to see all of the cousins having fun together. Some of the early reunions, when there were more young grandkids, the games were geared more for them which was fun to watch too. The later ones it was equally as rewarding watching the older grandkids entertain the younger ones.
I remember the first I ever went to was after Tim and I had divorced. I think Ashlee was 4. That year was when we rented vehicles to drive up to Crystal Hot Springs.
But my favorite was the one in Pinedale. I think it was because mom involved all of us in the preparations and like dad said we were able to really interact with everyone.
The auctions and reconnecting with cousins were some of the highlights.
Mine was Pinedale...even though we didn't win anything. :) I have a picture of Sadey, on of three little babies there, with Grandpa Walker. It is something we cherish. I also remember working in the kitchen with a mix of people. That was fun to mix us all up with duties. I know the kids remember rolling ice cream. Jesse actually rode on the horse that year, surprised us because he was hesitant to do most "scary" things. The raffle is a fun and emotional memory.
Todd and I got a ticket on the way there or home, I don't remember. I do remember that the cop wouldn't let me get out of the car to get my screaming Sadey the entire time. Mama Bear in me still hates that guy!! It's a good thing the reunion was so fun!
I also think that the Pindale one was fun... but I will have to say my favorite one was going to Crystal Hot Springs. I'm not sure if we've been there more then once... but I do remember the home made water slide made out of a huge tarp and someone spraying water each time someone would go down. and if I remember correctly the adults had some fun with that one too!
The pinedale was by far my favorite as well, just felt closer as a family. It was fun to get to know people a bit better. I enjoyed the ice cream rolling (my kids were among the young ones so I definately participated in that one) I remember Jed following the big boys around wanting to do whatever they did - pool was the game he really wanted to participate in.
I enjoyed Crystal Hot Springs too - the kids loved the water park & I really liked it when we had that big field to play water kickball?
I liked the Nephi Canyon one as well - it was a beautiful place and again I think we camped in a circle instead of a line so we were more invloved in each others camps - I think having the only picnic tables all together helped too. (sometimes memory changes the reality though ;))
The raffles and auctions were fun (I preferred the raffles)
I also remember that we did a talent show - Jed played his harmonica :))
Good stuff - it seems so long ago but when we do these Memory Mondays it takes me right back as if it was yesterday.
Post a Comment
<< Home