Memory Monday
Ok all...here we go. Monday is now Memory Monday. It is your turn to post a memory of something random having to do with the Nevin family, good of course (good can be funny), and remember this is ALL for fun... Nothing that you wouldn't want posted. Anyway...here goes! Check the comments for the memories.

9 Comments:
I remember those cute T-shirt dresses mom made the granddaughters when they were little. They were adorable! I told her she had to be sure and make those for all the granddaughters since I didn't have one yet. She laughed at me and with all she has made all the grandkids, I can see why.
I remember when Uncle Ron used to come and babysit Ryan, Ashlee and I when we were younger. and we would play hide and go seek. I remember finding Uncle Ron stuffed away in our toy chest with all the little hand prints on it.
I remember summers spent at Powell Pool! We would go up to the pool for swim team, then for swim lessons, have something to eat and then back to the pool to spend the day in the pool to stay out of the heat. I think the only time we were not at the pool during the day was if we had a meet at night then we had to take a nap and be rested for it. Fun times!!
Great idea Shelley! Thanks.
This comment has been removed by the author.
WARNING! This comment my contain content not appropriate for "YOUR" children. - I remember when I was a youngin I was allowed to tag along with Marc and Todd and their friends. (To this day, I have no clue whose idea that was or why they tolerated it, but they did.) This meant I received expert training on getting into big kid trouble way before my time.
One instance of this was when someone bought a ticket(s) to see "Return of the Jedi" and let the rest of us in through the back door. To top off the day of delinquency, we pool hopped on the way home.
Feel free to deny this when in the company of your children.
-Nick
Lisa - I remember the "journey" to Powell, running to the grass in the sidewalk cracks, letting our feet cool, then running to the next or running then throwing our towels down and standing on them. I realize we probably didn't have sandals but, why didn't we wear our shoes?
Nick I remember the running barefoot to the grassy spots too! How funny that we didn't wear something on our feet. I do remember that we did have sandals but we rarely wore anything on our feet. How dumb we were back then!
I remember those swim days and running barefoot too. I'm glad you all shared those memories because I share those memories with my kids and I don't think they always believe me. I remember Marc wanting to babysit so bad. Mom finally put him in charge of sleeping kids while she went to the store. She wasn't gone long, but when she got back Marc had left to a friends house. I'm not sure he got to babysit much after that.
Oh, and remember the jello eating at swim meets. That was the life.
Shelley this is fun, good idea. I learned something about Nick, Marc, and Todd.
Before I even read these the swim days was the first thing that came to mind. I remember mom and dad would leave and put Connie in charge. We were supposed to have the house clean when they got back and Connie would get so mad at us because we wouldn't do anything and she would end up doing it all. Sorry Connie . also remember playing ball in the middle of the street. Cars would come by and we were so put out by how slow they would drive.
Post a Comment
<< Home