JesseKarenNevinFamily

Monday, July 12, 2010

Memory Monday

Ok all...here we go. Monday is now Memory Monday. It is your turn to post a memory of something random having to do with the Nevin family, good of course (good can be funny), and remember this is ALL for fun... Nothing that you wouldn't want posted. Anyway...here goes! Check the comments for the memories. This week lets think about Siblings...

7 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Ron...When I first met the family Ron was just 7 years old, close to 8. I remember teasing him by chasing after him to give him a kiss. haha I can't believe he was younger than Brody is now! I also think about the first time I saw him with Graham, a natural dad.

9:12 AM  
Blogger NSNEVIN FAM. said...

Here's one for Todd. I remember Todd "DEMONstrating" his wrestling moves on me, which usually ended up with me having my legs spreadout beyond normal human capacities. His girlfriend (or girl he liked or whatever) was usually the spectator. I remember pain and some tears on my part and unsympathetic laughter on his part. I was probably bugging him which I'm sure prompted the matches. However, in my defense, I think that's the younger sibling's job, you know to keep everybody on the up-n-up.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

First thing that came to mind was Ron lining up his cars. He was very particular and really did not want anyone to touch. When I got married (the first time) Ron made me a card and a cross-stitch thing that said smile. As embarrassing as that may sound for him I just thought it was very thoughtful for a 10 year old. And I agree with Shelley - seeing Ron with Graham is a treat. He is a natural dad but no surprise there - all that babysitting was bound to pay off.

1:05 AM  
Blogger NSNEVIN FAM. said...

Sorry, Todd, one more. This one still makes me smile. When I was in sixth grade Todd, Ron and I were playing football of some sort in the front yard. In the course of the game Todd tackled me I think by sorta swinging me to the ground are something like that, anyways, when I hit there was a audible crack or pop. Well, I had landed with my shoulder taking all the force of the fall because, come on, I had to protect the ball. Todd thought it was my jaw or head so he tried to help me up by pulling my arm which was of course was the side that was hurt. I ended up breaking my left clavicle to match my right which I had broken when I was younger. Here's the funny part. Todd felt really bad about it so he bought me a king-size candy bar. Some poeple would tease, "He broke your shoulder and then gave you a candy bar?" I figured he said he was sorry and meant it plus I got bonus candy, what was the big deal. I remember non-holiday candy being somewhat of a big deal in our family and for some reason Todd especially liking candy bars seems to jog something in the memory bank. I never thought it was Todd's fault and I'm pretty sure I told him that but I wasn't going to pass up the candy bar.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Jesse & Karen Nevin said...

My favorite memory related to the siblings working together was the time the middle four kids Marc, Todd, Robyn and Amy, went with us on a tubing trip down the San Juan River from Moab Utah to Lake Powell. Those four learned to work together paddling a raft on their own, and their favorite task of taking turns setting up the latrine. Sometimes like the last day they learned that if they did not work together life got pretty hard (when the storm came and started blowing back up the canyon.
Lisa and Connie at home watching over the younger two Nick and Ron. They had to work together and make some adult decisions when the accident happened and we were not able to be reached (before cell phones). They made good decisions. The reunion was especially sweet when we learned how close it was to loosing one or more of them. I remember the strong prompting I had to call home as soon as we reached a phone. And how relieved I was that they were all okay.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Ok when I first read this I thought I read "this week lets think about Ron" Anyway now that I see what it really says I think I might post a little something about each sibling (Yes I am aware it is no longer Monday - BUT Raeli is sleeping which means I can be on the computer)
Nick - I remember when you were a baby and the older kids were playing with you and I think it was Todd leaned over the back of you just in time to plant his tooth in the back of your head - good times.
Amy - I love you and think the world of you but alot of my memories involve rivalry - the one that always comes to mind is the dumb necklace fight :)) hehe makes me laugh now. I also remember when you got bit by the black widow - I dont remember details just that you and Mom were gone all day.
Todd - Remember when we got lost hiking. That was my first experience praying for something real and receiving an immediate "real" answer.
Marc - like Nick I remember you and Todd wrestling all the time but I remember you showing your moves on me - the half Nelson and banana split are a few names that come to mind. I am pretty sure the banana split does not have the same results on a girl so it must hae been a bit disappointing when I did not scream to have you let me go.
Connie - I remember when we almost got in an accident because that motorcycle's lights did not work.
Lisa - I remember when you were in labor with Ryan - I just thought - nope I am not having kids. :)

Dad - I too look back fondly on the river trip and sometimes even get anxious thinking about trying to take my kids on a similar trip. That last day we were not paddling alot just talking mostly but then when the storm came the paddling seemed to do nothing. It was a bit stressful but all in all that was a wonderful experience.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i was having trouble being able to post anything so i also am a little late on this. i definitely remember i was also having wrestling moves done on me as well. the banana split was the perferred move by Todd. Robyn i could be wrong but pretty sure todd's tooth went into the back of my head not Nick's but i might be wrong i was a baby so just going off of stories. i remember going over to Freddy's house with amy when they were dating and swimming and playing video games. i loved it. yeah i remember shelley chasing me around and me acting like i hated it. but pretty sure i had a crush at that time. for Connie i remember going with her to sunsplash when she worked in a special education class, i don't remember what school. but i always remember her working with those kids and alejandro coming to christmas. Nick lots of memories of you beating me up. but i also remember you allowing me to hang out with you when we were in high school and how much that meant to me. Robyn i have lots of fond memories of living with you guys after my mission, but most of all just enjoyed all the times we just talked. Marc i don't know why this is such a fond memory of mine and you may not even remember it. but i remember when you took me one time to go and play pool with you i think when you were going to asu. i also remember visiting you when you were in san diego doing americorp that was what it was called right? Lisa i remember when connie and i came to visit you in California and how much fun that was. i also am still very grateful for you being able to be there when graham was born. there are so many good memories

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home