JesseKarenNevinFamily

Monday, September 13, 2010

Memory Monday

Memorable TV shows...your age, who you watched with, etc.

8 Comments:

Blogger NSNEVIN FAM. said...

Dukes of Hazzard,Knight Rider, The A Team, C.H.I.P.s, MacGyver. I thought all of those shows were the greatest shows to grace the screen. I've seen them all now as an adult and realize how campy and corny they are, but I still have a hard time changing the channel. We had what, 3-4 channels. Best of all was the Sunday night Disney Movie. Popcorn and Dumbo.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

I grew up on Disney on Sunday nights too...with a big bowl of popcorn. Aging myself I also have to add Giligan's Island, Love Boat, and Brady Bunch. I hated when my brothers would get the tv first. This meant things like Planet of the Apes and Star Trek. I always hated Saturday evening because all that was on was Hee Haw and The Lawerence Welk Show. Later on it got good with Fantasy Island though.
Todd and I enjoyed Friends and Seinfield and Survivor, the original season.
Wow, there are lots!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Brady Bunch and the Donny and Marie Show. Those are the two that come to mind right away without thinking about it. Sad to say, but for awhile The Young and The Restless, and General Hospital, and Dallas. I started to watch Dallas so I wouldn't be watching Soap Operas, then dad told me it was a night Soap Opera. I still watched until I finally found out who shot J.R. I also remember Discovery or the History channel. I don't know if that is what they were called, but I remember watching with dad a little bit and then getting bored. Now those channel's are some of my favorites. I'll try to add more if I think of anything else.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Oh real quick here I just remember Monday Night Football. Todd and Marc would get so mad because I would always cheer for the opposite team. Except when it was Dallas Cowboys.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Uggg...I was a couch potato all these shows I watched. I remember taking a bath on Saturday and then watching heehaw before I had to head off to bed. I too enjoy friends and seinfield. John and I enjoy so you think you can dance, ncis, life unexpected,and I think reba and whose line is it are both so stinkin funny. Oh I also remember watching he-man and she-ra after school. I watched barney with my 3 older kids and pokemon with jed. And we always watched church movies or Disney movies on Sunday when the 3 older kids were little.

11:03 PM  
Blogger NSNEVIN FAM. said...

Connie, I don't know how I forgot about the few times Dad claimed control of the T.V. It was always some "educational" show on P.B.S. (usually 'Nova'). Now, Sunny and I find ourselves laughing along with the kids to their shows ( iCarly, Hannah Montana, Wizards and many more). Guys at work will be reciting something funny they saw on grown up T.V. and all I can think of is Spencer's speghetti tacos. I'm not even going to explain that because most of you either know what I'm talking about or can ask one of your kids.
Oh yeah, does anyone remember "Circus of the Stars" and the original t.v. talent show "Star Search"?

12:53 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Ok...I recall a show on Monday nights called That's Incredible. It's funny to think of these...My kids too grew up with the purple dinosaur. I LOVED Star Search, especially the cheesy model shoots.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Connie and Daniel Biggs Family said...

Nick, I know Spencer's spaghetti tacos. One of our family favorites was That's so Raven. The Amazing Race, American Idol,(we watched a few seasons and now we just watch the auditions, then check in a few times throughout the show), and our big one of late is Glee. Sometimes this show has to be previously view by parents then watched with editing. Dirty jobs, Myth busters, and overhauling are night time favorites along with cake wars once in a while. Wow we watch a lot of T.V. I'm done but this has brought up a lot of memories

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home