Rose bushes :) Bannana Bread My multi colored afghan Sleeping in the Arizona Room Closet of Games little licorice (Red & Black mixed together) Taking a bath in Grandma's tub when I was little - I remember her handing us towels(not sure why I remember that - maybe because it was different the tub was just a tub not a shower too). Grandma's smile :)
*Peeling potatoes for potato salad *Christmas caroling with my kids *Sitting in the window in the basement *Playing Racko *Learning that she ran track when she was a girl and that she worked at the movie theatre in Park City *Like Robyn I remember her smile
Carrot raisin salad. I remember her serving it a lot what I don't remember is liking it. I also remember her buttering bread before putting miracle whip on it for sandwiches. She always had homemade cookies when we were there and actually served milk and cookies. Ok, my non-food memories: not being aloud in the living room, her talking for grandpa even though he was sitting right next her (he didn't seem to mind), carpet in the bathroom, the basement. I remember her hold my hand and rubbing my arm sometimes when she would talk to me and not necessarily during a consoling cconversation. She sent me $3 in a birthday card until the year she passed away. Which was sweet and funny.
from Todd...(without reading the others) The MTC, she took me there. It was my only time alone with her. I was there for a day.
JcPenny...they lived across from JcPenny. Everything we got from them was from JcPenny.
Birthday Cards with $3
The Basement
Having to clean out the tub after a shower...I never knew before then that tubs got dirty from a shower.
The toy monkeys in the toy closet
Everything in the house had a place
I remember thinking about Grandma and Grandpa a lot on my whole mission. I went with them to the Salt Lake temple before my mission, maybe that's why.
The house shrinking every time I came back to it. It was huge when I first went to it. Last time I was there I remember thinking, "Man, this is a SMALL house!"
-The way she bit her tongue while she did anything that took concentration. -sitting for hours at he kitchen table and listening to her talk until we had heard each story at least twice. -her smile and her laugh. -the way she said my name. -all the things what she was able to do with her badly arthritic fingers. -her ability to understand fairly complicated financial concepts. -Everything about her house, the smell, the low ceilings in the basement, the well kept yard, etc
I loved reading all of these comment. They are all memories I have. I remember a giant bag of m&m's in with our towel gifts. I also remember her nicely telling me I was an old maid when I called her to tell her I was getting married. I was 24. I remember how nice she was to Daniel when we went to the family reunion in Washington. I remember her taking pictures with my kids and how special that was because my kids have a memory of her now because of those pictures. The best was her last picture before she died was with my Emma. Last, just listening to her talk and talk, she liked to visit.
8 Comments:
Rose bushes :)
Bannana Bread
My multi colored afghan
Sleeping in the Arizona Room
Closet of Games
little licorice (Red & Black mixed together)
Taking a bath in Grandma's tub when I was little - I remember her handing us towels(not sure why I remember that - maybe because it was different the tub was just a tub not a shower too).
Grandma's smile :)
*Peeling potatoes for potato salad
*Christmas caroling with my kids
*Sitting in the window in the basement
*Playing Racko
*Learning that she ran track when she was a girl and that she worked at the movie theatre in Park City
*Like Robyn I remember her smile
Lisa she played volleyball too...
Carrot raisin salad. I remember her serving it a lot what I don't remember is liking it. I also remember her buttering bread before putting miracle whip on it for sandwiches. She always had homemade cookies when we were there and actually served milk and cookies. Ok, my non-food memories: not being aloud in the living room, her talking for grandpa even though he was sitting right next her (he didn't seem to mind), carpet in the bathroom, the basement. I remember her hold my hand and rubbing my arm sometimes when she would talk to me and not necessarily during a consoling cconversation. She sent me $3 in a birthday card until the year she passed away. Which was sweet and funny.
from Todd...(without reading the others)
The MTC, she took me there. It was my only time alone with her. I was there for a day.
JcPenny...they lived across from JcPenny. Everything we got from them was from JcPenny.
Birthday Cards with $3
The Basement
Having to clean out the tub after a shower...I never knew before then that tubs got dirty from a shower.
The toy monkeys in the toy closet
Everything in the house had a place
I remember thinking about Grandma and Grandpa a lot on my whole mission. I went with them to the Salt Lake temple before my mission, maybe that's why.
The house shrinking every time I came back to it. It was huge when I first went to it. Last time I was there I remember thinking, "Man, this is a SMALL house!"
Todd...
Toast for breakfast and our bath towels from her, that she got at JcPenny of course.
-The way she bit her tongue while she did anything that took concentration.
-sitting for hours at he kitchen table and listening to her talk until we had heard each story at least twice.
-her smile and her laugh.
-the way she said my name.
-all the things what she was able to do with her badly arthritic fingers.
-her ability to understand fairly complicated financial concepts.
-Everything about her house, the smell, the low ceilings in the basement, the well kept yard, etc
I loved reading all of these comment. They are all memories I have. I remember a giant bag of m&m's in with our towel gifts. I also remember her nicely telling me I was an old maid when I called her to tell her I was getting married. I was 24. I remember how nice she was to Daniel when we went to the family reunion in Washington. I remember her taking pictures with my kids and how special that was because my kids have a memory of her now because of those pictures. The best was her last picture before she died was with my Emma. Last, just listening to her talk and talk, she liked to visit.
Post a Comment
<< Home